Posao.ba, a popular online platform for finding/offering jobs in B&H, has recently published its research on the most in-demand jobs in B&H in 2018.
Top 10 most in-demand jobs in B&H (using Posao.ba online platform):
- Seller / dealer
- Worker in production
- Construction worker
- Call-agent (call center agent)
- Waiter / Chancellor
- Salesman / sales promoter
- Programmer / software developer
Data is limited to jobs offered using the platform, though. It mostly confirmes my conclusions from visiting Banja Luka Job Fair in summer 2017:
- Majority of in-demand workers are those with low-level knowledge and skills. With raise of needed knowledge and skills, demand for these professions decreases.
- The economy of Banja Luka Region / B&H is not complex enough and its products are relatively simple.
- From the perspective of enterprises, it means they can’t be competitive with quality, but with low price. From workers’ perspective it means that their knowledge and skills are not needed and that what’s left, and that is their physical work on relatively simple jobs, will be low paid.